The Glamping Goose is the little sister company of Cosy Tents. A camping experience organised and set-up for you at Holiday Parks throughout Victoria.
Currently operating from the Blackwood Mineral Springs Caravan Park, we are just 1 hour outside of Melbourne. We love the outdoors and will be adding more Park locations to our group soon, so we can help you explore more of what Victoria has to offer!
We know not everyone always has the camping equipment or want to rough it out in the woods, so we are here to help create a more memorable camping experience for you.
We pitch and set-up a fully furnished bell tent so you have more time to relax and explore our beautiful countryside. Camping with us is the perfect way to disconnect from the outside world and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.
Let’s all get exploring again!
Camping with The Glamping Goose
Our Blackwood location has 5x 5m bell tents separated approx 10-15m apart. Set along the picturesque Lerderderg river in the Wombat State Forest, we are ideal for couples, girls weekends, solo retreats or just wanting a quick getaway.
All The Glamping Goose bell tents offers a spacious retreat. Each bell tent includes:
- Queen size bed
- Linen, quilt, pillows, towels
- Bed side tables
- Bluetooth wireless speaker
- Cutlery and glasses
- Esky (please note ice is not provided)
- 2x chairs + 1x table set
NOTE: Our campsite is located down an embankment along the Lerderderg river. The walk to the campsite is approx. 50m down a fairly steep path. Not suitable if mobility is an issue.
Blackwood and the Macedon region
The Glamping Goose is located in the historic village of Blackwood in the Macedon Ranges between Ballan and Trentham.
Blackwood was previously a thriving goldmining town during the 1850s, but these days is a more peaceful village situated along the Lerderderg River and surrounded by the native forests of the Lerderderg State Park and Wombat State Forest.
While enjoying a night away at The Glamping Goose, why not explore or eat at one of the local delights in the area
- Blackwood Merchant (open for breakfast/lunch/Friday night dinner)
- Du Fermier (open for lunch Fri-Mon)
- The Cosmopolitan Hotel (open for lunch/dinner)
- The Plough Bistro Bar (open for lunch/dinner)
- The Trentham Collective (open for breakfast/lunch)
- Passing Clouds Winery
- Radio Springs Hotel (open for lunch/dinner)
- Red Beard Historic Bakery (open for breakfast/lunch)
- Blackwood Mineral Springs Reserve is opposite the Blackwood Mineral Springs Caravan Park. Visit the Soda Spring located on the car park side of the river, while another mineral spring is situated directly on the other side of the river, accessed via a footbridge.
- Scenic walking tracks which end up at Shaws Lake via Sweets Lookout. For those not wishing to do the 30 minute walk to the lake, visitors can drive east along Golden Point Road, turn into North Blackwood Road, cross the Lerderderg River, then turn off onto Shaws Lake Road which leads to the lake and surrounding forest.
- Garden of St Erth is a plant nursery, gift shop and cafe, and a small entrance fee allows visitors to explore the surrounding gardens which feature an extensive range of plants from around the world including colourful flower displays, fruit trees and vegetable gardens.
- Formed some five million years ago from molten lava rapidly cooling as it flowed along the old Coliban River valley, one to visit is Trentham Falls. It is one of the longest single drop waterfalls in Victoria, plunging some 32 metres over basalt columns and is best seen in winter after a rainfall.